Knight Runner Knight Runner

A Burrito Bison copy

so what? It's still a great game!
First of all, although it's obvious where the inspiration (or lack of any) came, this is a fun game. And by the way, to all the people bashing this one, there's so many AAA games that do this and you still buy them and don't b*tch about it. The entire gaming industry is pumping a copy after copy of successful titles and no one minds, but hey, let's destroy this one on newgrounds.
Anyway, yes it draws heavily from Burrito Bison, but it's obvious that a lot of work went it into it. The art style is beautiful and the music is a nice match. Gameplay isn't revolutionary or anything, but it works well. So that's pretty much it. If you've played Burrito Bison you know what to expect, but don't go bashing the game just because of that, it's still a fun experience.

So here's a 5 for a great game -1 for no new ideas.

Alienocalypse Alienocalypse

Could've been a lot better.

Firstly, the pros. The game's fun and some of the aliens look cool. And that's pretty much it.

Secondly, the cons. There's absolutely no story, and that doesn't bother me too much, I mean, it's an invasion, there's not much left to say, but you could have done a lot of the stuff better.
Most of the aliens are absolutely useless, they might seem cool at the beginning but as soon as you put them on the battlefield you can see there's not much to them. After realizing that, I managed, after a lot of grinding and trying different strategies, to beat the game by using only mines and flying type aliens.
There's also grinding. It's very time consuming, especially if you're trying to upgrade an alien that's useless.
And finally, the level design. It's repetitive, and I can understand that, but putting a few more different buildings and colors in the game would've done wonders.

So, it's a fun time killer that's a lot easier than you might think at first. 3,5.

Hop Bob Hop Bob

Pretty bad.

There's actually not much to say about this one. It's very dull and there's almost no fun to be had in this game. It has that "my first game" feel about it and it never wears off.
To conclude, at least try to get a level editor out since it seems you weren't using your imagination that much with this one. 3.

Sugar, sugar 2 Sugar, sugar 2

Nothing new
I enjoyed the first game very much, but there were a few things that the game was missing, like a speed button, and an eraser at least. I expected that in the sequel, and got nothing. This is the same game as the first one but with added spoons that do absolutely nothing but look pretty. It's such a shame that this sequel doesn't bring anything new, but I guess it's a bit too late to make things right, at least in this one.

Dragons and Dungeons Dragons and Dungeons

Wow...
As soon as I read that this was your first game I expected a failure.
It's nice to say that it turned out a lot better than I expected. Since this is your first game I won't go into much detail, try to work on your drawing skills and try to animate a bit more in your future games. And finally, this game has been a very pleasant surprise.
Keep up the good work.

dys4ia dys4ia

Although I can't relate to you completely I want to congratulate you and wish you the best of luck. I'm sure it takes a lot of courage to do something like that.
Also, the flash is great, although more of an interactive movie than a game. Like I said before, it's not easy to connect with someone as rare and unique as you, especially in a short game, but it can, at least, give me a better understanding of something another human went through. Thank you for being brave and sharing your experience with the world.

Memohuntress Memohuntress

This is a wonderful game. It's very calming and manages to provide that sense of triumph after beating a level without using any hints. It has great music, nice and colorful graphics, perfect visual layering and great voice acting. With those nicely mixed you can't go wrong, right? Well, you can.
I expected a lot more from the story. It felt very random, like it was there just to fill in the gaps between levels. I started to loose connection with Sellar as the game progressed and at the end I was glad only because I managed to beat the game and not because I saw the story unfold.
This is a great game, just try to connect the story and the gameplay a bit better in the next one. 4.

Symphony Symphony

Magical!

I'm very glad you mentioned that the game was inspired by another game, although I don't think a lot of people read the description. Anyways, a simple, beautiful game. The music adds an incredible touch to the whole package. Nice.

Slaughterhouse-Five Slaughterhouse-Five

Damn...

This is the game I could fall in love with if it was finished and/or just fixed. I am truly sorry for this but I can't give you more than a 6. I just hope that you'll do some more work and make it more playable. I said this already with another game, I understand that you had very little time to make it, and It really bugs me that games with so bad concepts get better scores, but I think this might have been too much work for a game jam and that you guys should try to make this one as awesome as it could be independent of any deadline.

Myth Runner Myth Runner

Eh...

This is obviously a Canabalt clone which doesn't have to be a bad thing necessarily, but it is here. First of all, you almost can't control your jump distance. Secondly, jump doesn't always work, and the game usually has a bad response time. Thirdly, I don't know is it only me, but game start to lag badly when I'm on those falling buildings (I see you fixed it, but it still isn't working and it can get very frustrating). Moreover, I don't get it... It has the characters, but I don't see any references to those books and movies except the characters. But I really like the music and the ability to transform. So... I understand you had to make it in two days and it still (although it's not very good) has to offer more than some other game jam, and even regular, games, so here's a 7.